Made are a successful fashion brand that produces fair trade jewellery, leather goods and accessories from their workshop in Kenya.
Made have strong reach in the fashion industry and have collaborated with some of the biggest names in the industry, the below mention just a few.
- Louis Vuitton
- Tommy Hilfiger
- John Lewis
They are first and foremost a fashion brand but are also committed to supporting and promoting sustainable, ethical trade in Africa.
Their Marketing Director approached us earlier in the year after identifying some issues with their existing site that were resulting in missed sales and slowing growth.
Some of the issues were:
- A poor user experience design (ux) resulting in very low conversion rates and missed sales opportunities.
- The page layouts needed help, and the purchase process was not user friendly.
- The site was running slowly, affecting the bounce rate
- A lack of modern eCommerce website functionality. In fact the only available functionality was to add new products and manually administer sales orders – which is not enough for a dynamic-forward thinking business, like Made
- A dated and inflexible CMS that was restricting the site’s creative potential
- Options for building additional functionality were also complicated and expensive – because of the poor CMS
How we worked together
Top of the list was cracking the UX. Together, we assessed Made’s existing and target audience profiles, producing targeted prototypes optimised with tested conversion rate optimisation techniques.
The Made marketing team and I, looked at functionality, explaining all potential functionality opportunities and how they’d directly link to better conversions. We guided Made through options that met their needs and budget.
Lastly came design, as Made were happy with their existing brand identity, it was just down to us to interpret the clean and clear high-end feel for their online presence.
dotAgency are Silver Magento partners and the Magento platform was a perfect fit for Made’s needs and budget. The majority of issues were resolved with major improvements to the front and back end of the site – appearance, feel, and functionality. Magento made this possible, by enabling the development of a host of new sales-boosting functionality, including:
- Customer loyalty point scheme
- Comprehensive voucher code and product discount facility
- Reviews & ratings functionality
- Improved sales order management
- Multi-currency order functionality
- Product search
The new site’s performance
In just a few days since the site launch and the average order values are significantly higher than on the previous site. The new site is an all-round improvement as early metrics show. Made now have a strong online shop window with a dramatic increase in sales performance and far better engagement with their customers.
Made understand that to be successful in the competitive market of online fashion retailing you have to keep testing and developing. This is just the start of an exciting partnership with the Made team and we look forward to working with them to develop their email marketing, search and affiliate marketing strategies to ensure they continue to be successful and overtake key competitors in their space.